OK, so my good friend Autumn invited me to march in a St. Patty's Parade with her for my adventure.... I love her! She's always looking out for me :) The Parade took place in the Balboa/
Hilcrest/Downtown area. I'm sure all the locals know that parking is hard to find in these areas, let alone when there's a parade going on. We lucked out (kind of) and found a parking space pretty close, but it was a metered parking space. We could only feed the meter for 2 hours at a time. We figured this would be enough time (
hahaha). Anyways, my friend Autumn,
Emeligh her
daughter (4 years old) and myself got to the parade area around 10:15am, because that's the time that Autumn was told to be there at. Let me also say that my friend Autumn is volunteering for Jim Duffy who is running for Sheriff. We were marching in the parade with him and his family basically. It ended up being a really small group. Basically, it was us, Jim Duffy, his two sons, his sons wife and kid and his daughter and Lupe who also helps with his campaign. I'm so glad that Autumn was with me. We ended up being the last group (#323) to mark in the parade. We had to go get change at a
restaurant and then feed the meter again and then Autumn and I decided we were leaving once our meter ran out. It ran out just as we walked in the Parade for about 10 minutes. I almost stepped in horse poop too, if Autumn wasn't looking out for me. It was fun though....Thanks Autumn!
Me and Autumn holding signs for Jim Duffy and wearing our green :)
All the kids in the old Sheriff Car that they rode in the Parade
What an adventure that was! I'm so glad I saw that poop too, you really would have been up to your knee in it! Ha Ha!
ReplyDelete